Space Matching 2 – Forming Matching
SPACE MATCHING II – MATCHING OF FORMS
PURPOSE: To enhance the ability to see similarity and difference in a given situation and improve discrimination for subtle details
APPARATUS: Material provided and workbook
1. Child sits at a suitable table or desk with good light.
2. The provided material consists of letters and patterns.
3. Some are labeled similarities; with these child is to pick out the letter or pattern that is repeated most often in that row.
4. Others are labeled differences; with this he picks out the letters or patterns that appear least often in that row.
5. You may find it helpful to use an answer sheet rather than mark on the page of notes.
ASPECTS TO BE EMPHASIZED:
1. Time the work on this activity so that gains in ability to discriminate small visual differences and similarities may be noted.
2. Maintain proper posture and reading distance throughout practice sessions.