Purpose: To develop visually directed matching of gross movement patterns between the two sides of the body.
Materials: Various toys or objects used as targets
1. Place objects on the floor at various locations around the room.
2. Have patient lie on the floor and roll toward the target. Keep feet together and arms at sides.
3. Keep looking at the target as much as possible. Let the eyes lead the body action.
4. Then have him roll toward another target.
5. Be sure to have him roll to the right and to the left.
Aspects to be emphasized:
1. Note any difference in quality in performance in rolling to the left and to the right.
2. Can he direct his rolling accurately to get to the target?
3. Does he use eyes effectively to lead the rolling to the target?