PURPOSE: To enhance eye-hand coordination and develop the ability for sustained visual attention
APPARATUS: Appropriate models (soap, clay, wood, airplane, boat and auto models), Remco educational, sewing, cross stitching, knitting, puzzles of all types, blocks of all types, cut-outs, paper dolls, doll house, pick-up sticks and handicraft
Refined visual manipulation is developed through refined manual manipulation. The models should be kept simple. When in doubt, obtain an easier model rather than a difficult one, and preferably one that can be played with after completion. Child should:
1. Be aware of whole room while working.
2. Relax physically, but remain mentally alert.
ASPECTS TO BE EMPHASIZED:
1. Posture should be symmetrical and balanced.
2. Fluency of hand movement.
3. Dexterous use of fingertips to hold tools and manipulate parts.
4. Hand-eye coordination.
5. Visual approach vs. trial and error.
6. Ability for sustained activity.
7. Degree of refinement in task.
8. Awareness of total room while performing task.