Purpose: Develop verbal memory skills.
See Also: Memory
- Games starts with parent/therapist saying “I saw a frog.”
- Child must repeat the phrase and add one additional detail to the story, for example “I saw a frog that was green.”
- The parent/therapist repeats this phrase back to the child and adds an additional detail like “I saw a frog that was green and was carrying a suitcase.”
- The child takes a turn and play continues back and forth until all players agree an error was made, at which point play starts over.
- Have fun with this. Be creative.
- Consider having the child write the new phrases out on paper.