How Does This Work?
- • Becoming a Registered User
- • Who The Private Site Is For
- • What The Private Site Provides
- • What is eLVT?
Learning disabilities and visual impediments are complex and require study and testing to determine:
- • The nature of the problem including all potential influencing factors.
- • The best course of action to address any modifiable elements.
In all cases, we address the cornerstones of classroom learning:
- • Visual Signal Acquisition
- • Visual Signal Processing (Visual Perception)
- • Reading: Low-level and high-level skills.
- • Nutrition
- • Physical Awareness and Coordination
- • Mental Awareness and Self-Control
The general approach to care is as follows:
- • General eye health and general health examination.
- • Extended eye health examination.
- • Interview with parents.
- • ‘Learning Situation’ analysis (identify all factors that might be impacting negatively upon reading/learning).
- • Visual perceptual analysis.
- • Visual motor analysis.
- • Establish plan of treatment including specialty lenses and training activities in clinic and at home.
- • Begin therapy tailored to the needs of the child/client.
- • There are a number of follow-up visits to review progress and set new benchmarks for performance.