PURPOSE: To develop flexibility in visualization
APPARATUS: Paper and pencil
Child is instructed:
1. Think of a word and try to visualize it — or see it as though it were really there.
2. Mentally rotate the word in your mind’s eye until you can picture it (visualize it) in various positions such as turned 1/4 or 1/2 clockwise or counterclockwise.
3. Now print the word as visualized in these various positions of being on end or upside down.
4. Try to print a word as though it was printed on a window pane but was being seen from the wrong side. VISUALIZE it before executing it on paper.
5. Imagine holding a word in front of a mirror. Try to visualize what it would look like in the mirror. Trace the word as it would appear in the mirror.
ASPECTS TO BE EMPHAZISED:
1. Ability to print words visualized in varying positions.
2. Ability to recognize the similarities in steps four and five, in spite of the differences in process.