Tips for Efficient Studying
Rules for Efficient Studying
Purpose: To make the most efficient use of time in studying textbook material, by development of a frame of reference for the material
Method: ROBINSON SQ3R TEXTBOOK STUDY METHOD
1. Read the title
2. Read the italicized and introductory remarks
3. Read the bold face headings.
4. Read the picture captions.
5. Read the summary.
QUESTION (to effect a purpose in reading)
1. Make a question of the body face headings.
2. Write down the question.
1. Read the question.
2. Write the answer to the question in your own words.
3. Most of the essential material of the chapter is now on your paper.
1. Recite until you can repeat the answers to all the questions on your paper.
1. Review prior to exam. This can be done from your list of questions and answers.
Reference: How to Study, Morgan anad Deese, McGraw-Hill.