Random Room Fixations
Objects in Room–Random Fixations
Purpose: To develop accurate ocular fixations within a total visual space solid
Apparatus: Familiar room, balance board
1. Patient is to stand erect on balance board.
2. Targets are various objects throughout a familiar room and at various distances.
3. Home assistant calls out objects at varying distances and positions throughout the room.
4. Patient must locate object out of the corner of his eye (peripherally) before looking at it. There are to be no searching eye movements to locate the object.
5. Patient is to fixate the objects accurately in one swift movement.
6. He must be directly conscious of the details of each object in turn, and still be indirectly aware of the general direction of the other objects in the room.
Aspects to be Emphasized:
1. Easy balance on balance board.
2. Accuracy of ocular fixations.
3. Awareness of detail of object of regard and of total room organization simultaneously.