Picture Sound Book
PURPOSE: To provide experiences with auditory-verbal-visual matchings through relating sounds with pictures
APPARATUS: Blank paper, pictures of many items, paste
1. Home assistant is to prepare a number of papers, blank, except for a picture of some object pasted at the top of each.
2. Child is to be given several of these sheets each day. His task is to search newspapers and magazines for pictures of anything that begins with the same sound as the picture on the top of the page, cut them out and paste them on the appropriate page.
3. Have child go over each one and confirm whether each particular picture chosen matches the particular sound template for that particular page.
ASPECTS TO BE EMPHASIZED:
1. Do not ask that he find pictures that begin with certain letters–emphasis is on SAME SOUND.
2. Attempt to cover all the consonant letters. Avoid vowel sounds initially.