drboulet.com: Public resource for learning, reading, and neurosensory rehabilitation.
drboulet.com: Public resource for learning, reading, and neurosensory rehabilitation. This resource is made available to the general public as an aid to improve learning skills and to support neurosensory-rehabilitation. It also serves to inform the general public of the services we offer. (See the Wiki Instructions to learn how to navigate around this site.) Have you been told you or your child has a learning or reading disability? Before you begin expensive and invasive testing or reading therapy, consider the most obvious problem with reading – Visual Dysfunction:
- >To book an appointment or for consultation: Contact Us
- >Looking for information on developmental optometrists in your area?
- Try VTOD.ca or HERE.
NEW: Visual Risk Assessment Tool – Try it now!
drboulet.com operates online and from a private clinic in southernAlberta,Canada. We are concerned with:
- •Reading and Learning Disabilities: Diagnostic and therapeutic support, in addition to consulting and training in remediation of reading and learning disabilities.
- •Neuro-rehabilitation: Support through assisting devices, neurosensory and neuromuscular rehabilitation, low vision tools.
- •Public Education: Such as through this wiki and blog, and public presentations, and by providing training to parents, therapeutic professionals, and teachers.
Do you think your child has a learning or reading problem? Beware of any conclusions regarding learning and reading disabilities until you have ruled out visual dysfunction. Furthermore, psycho-educational and other sight-based (paper/pencil) neuropsychological testing should only ever done AFTER visual function assessment and after any compensatory/corrective measures are in place. Read:.
- •Why We Do What We Do with respect to vision and learning.
- •Can’t afford to pay? Hard times should not prevent children from receiving the care they need.
- •Services: Brief description of the services we provide.
- •Background: Brief technical overview of some of the therapeutic and clinical issues involved in reading and learning therapy.
- •Diagnostic Questionnaire: Would you or your child benefit from vision and learning therapy?
- •Consultation Process: We are concerned about more than just visual dysfunction…Learn More
- •Client Comments: Read what our clients are saying about our services.