Start by downloading and printing the documents above. You can also simply preview it by clicking the ‘eye’ icon. We recommend loading this task as indicated below. Also be sure to review the notes on how to approach therapy.
These are simple exercises that you can throw in every now and then for a quick reinforcing side trip during other activities. You can do 1 – 3 pages of these activities to build spatial manipulation/awareness, as well as intense targeted letter drilling.
PURPOSE: To develop the ability to recall visually presented materials and to manipulate these images mentally.
- On the following worksheets, in box 2, draw the ﬁgure in box 1 as if you flipped it from left to right or around the vertical axis (see example).
- In box 3, draw the ﬁgure in box 2 as if you flipped it from up to down, that is, around the horizontal axis.
- In box 4, draw the ﬁgure in box 3 as if you flipped it around the vertical axis.
Step 2 (Loading):
- Once your child is good at the procedure above, skip drawing in box 2 and have your child mentally flip the ﬁgure twice and draw the result in box 3.
Step 3 (Loading):
- Once your child is good at the procedure above, skip drawing in box 2 and 3. Have your child mentally flip the ﬁgure 3 times and draw only the ﬁnal result in box 4.
Step 4 (Loading/Alternate):
- Use the blank worksheets to mentally flip other letters in the alphabet or numbers.
- As your child improves, more complex forms can be used.
Move on to Flip Form Patterns.