Purpose: To develop the visual ability to respond to likes/differences simultaneously.
Materials: Workbook (provided)
1. Each page of the workbook has three rows of figures that we shall call creatures.
2. All creatures in the first row will have certain common elements not to be found in any of the other creatures in the second row.
3. The patient is to search for this relationship.
4. Now search row three for creatures having characteristics common only to the first row and circle them.
Aspects to be emphasized:
1. Ability to see the likes and differences between the first two rows with increasing facility.
2. Ability to verbalize the common elements.