Choose A Line
Purpose: To enhance visualizing and fabricating of figure out of ground while emphasizing eye-hand appreciation of size relationships
Apparatus: Chalkboard or pencil and paper
1. Draw five kinds of lines like these on the chalkboard or paper:
2. Ask the child to choose one. Have him draw it, making it longer or bigger than his model. Then he is to add to it any lines he wishes to make a picture.
3. Now have him choose another line. This time draw it the same size as the model. Add other lines to make another picture. Now draw a frame around the smaller picture.
Aspects to be Emphasized:
1. Ability to draw the desired lines the same size or longer, as requested.
2. Ability to create a picture out of one given line as a start.